P e r f o r m a n c e|
- 282 HP V8, 0-60 in 6.2 secs, 1/4 mile in 14.8 secs
- 6 speed manual transmission
- 17" chrome wheels
- BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 245/45 ZR 17 All weather high performance tires
S a f e t y
- 4 wheel disk brakes
- Anti-lock brakes
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC), driver may de-activate if desired
- Driver and passenger air bags
- Fog lights
L u x u r y
- Leather seats
- Front seats all power and heated
- Driver side seat has 3 memory settings
- Heated exterior mirrors and locks
- Power windows, mirrors, and locks
- Telescoping wheel
- Power sunroof (retracts and tilts)
- Premium sound, AM/FM/weatherband radio & cassette
- Hook-up for in-car cellular phone
H i s t o r y
- As of June 2002 it has 86K miles
- I'm the second owner
- It was a lease vehicle that came from the Bay Area in California
- I purchased the car in July 2000 with 58K miles on it from Hendrick BMW in Charlotte, NC
- The motor was replaced in 1999 with 45K miles on it
- Had Service II done Nov. 8, 2001 along with both serpentine belts replaced, coolant changed,
brake fluid changed, valve cover gaskets replaced, rear brake pads replaced, fixed passenger side headrest
C o n c l u s i o n
- This car is euphoric to drive!
- The acceleration pulls you back into the seats and braking is amazing.
- Handling is superb. Body roll is minimal. You really feel connected with the road.
When you point the car somewhere, that's where it goes. Confidence inspiring.
- I get numerous comments about the car. For a 4 door sedan it is a real eye catcher.
- I sold this car in the fall of 2002. Check out my new ride here.
WBA Manufacturing Code = BMW AG, Munich, West Germany
HE53 Vehicle Description Code = unknown (540i?)
2 Restraint System = manual safety belts w/ driver & passenger SRS
3 Check Digit = (?)
S Model Year = 1995
G Plant of Manufacture = Munich, West Germany
A64008 Serial Number